Under the Willow

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Second Attempt: Making a Witch Wreath

Last year I made a witch wreath which you can see here.  I think it is cute, but it is not all I hoped it would be.  So this year I am trying again.  This wreath has been more difficult than I imagined.  This year I'm trying to think more three dimensional and larger.  One of the hardest things I have found is keeping the witch parts in proportion.  And then making the witch in proportion to the wreath itself.  

I think if you had the time you could sew some cute witch legs or make some out of Styrofoam or something, but I found these on sale at the end of the season last year.




I have also purchased a hat that I think will be the right size.  It has a piece of metal wire in the top of the hat so you can bend it and make it all creepy and crooked looking.  Or in this case, make it look like the witch bent her hat when she crashed into the wreath.

So these are the materials I gathered to make a skirt.



I started tying pieces of fabric to a metal clothes hanger.


I have some pieces of deco mess, some lace, and some tulle on there.


And here is what I have so far.  I may not attach everyhing to a wreath after all.






No comments:

Post a Comment