Under the Willow

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween is Almost Here: Making of a Zombie

 Thriller was last night, so yesterday I was scrambling to get my husbands zombie costume ready.




He wanted to be a "clean" zombie.  He is the type to eat pizza and french fries with a fork, so of course as a zombie he would have the best table manners.  So I decided that he needed some props.  First thing that popped in my head was an eyeball on a fork!  So I gathered some plastic silverware that looks real and a gum ball.


Next I cut a slit in the gumball and stuck the fork in it.


I then use sharpies and some paint to make it look like an eye.  I sprayed the eye with clear spray paint to help protect it since it is just a gum ball.  I also hot glued it to the fork and added lots of hot glue in the back of the eye to make it look freshly ripped from someones head.  I mean we're zombies, right?




Then I added some red paint.  And that was it, pretty creepy!


Added some paint to the knife.


We got clothes at Goodwill that we wouldn't mind destroying.  Just create tears in the fabric so it looks worn and like maybe you've been in some fights.  Go as crazy as you want.


I'll post some pictures of us all dressed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment