Under the Willow

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Few New Projects

I started this wreath.  I took a Styrofoam wreath form that I broke and the connection and put some child size Halloween stockings around it.


Then I wrapped some ribbon around that.


Then I cut off the ends.


Not sure what I am going to do with it yet, but I am thinking about attaching this guy.


Then I have started working on a possible costume for myself.  Flapper!  I have wanted to dress as a flapper for years and with the extra inspiration from film The Great Gatsby that came out this year I figured why not.  

I found this dress at goodwill several years ago and have been meaning to alter it to be a flapper costume ever since.  No time like the present.  As you can see on the right it originally had sleeves.  On the left you can see where I decided to cut them off.


This is showing how i am attempting to make new straps for the dress with these sparkly ribbons.  I hope this works.  So far I have sewn the ends and have glued parts down with fabric glue.  Now I am just waiting for the glue to dry so I can work on it some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment