Under the Willow

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter

This is our first Easter with chickens, so I had to do something fun with their eggs.  I didn't want to dye the eggs colors, since they are already varying shades of brown, so when I found this 24k gold kit I was very excited.  It came with 2 packs of gold paint and then 3 colors of dye, red, blue, and green, that you could add to the gold paint or use as regular egg dye.


I hard boiled a bunch of eggs and then separated the darkest ones from the lightest ones, just so I would have a good idea of what I was working with, and I could make sure I got a good range of colors when I was done.



The eggs on the left have been painted gold, the ones on the right have not.



I did use a bit of the red dye with some of the gold paint to get more of a rosy or rose gold look.



I think they are beautiful.
Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment