Under the Willow

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Unhappy Chickens

Sorry I haven't been posting.  We are having another extremely cold week with snow and ice.  I have been putting all my energies into staying warm, and not much else.  Earlier this week it snowed a ton and the wind blew much of the snow horizontally.  So now the floor of the run and the ladder down to the run is covered in snow.  I don't know if the chickens are scared of the snow, or they just don't like it on their feet but they won't come out of the coop.  I don't blame them.


But this is a problem, they are getting bored and that always means they will be up to no good.  I have been trying to take food like pears to their coop.  Things like this give them something to peck at for at least a little while.


The chickens and I both can't wait for winter to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment