Under the Willow

Monday, March 17, 2014

Irish Soup

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  

This also marks the first day of Meghan Madness 2014.  I don't really have a plan this year, not that I ever really do, but I am about to turn 31 on the the 31st making this my golden birthday!  So golden is kinda my theme, we'll see how it goes.


I was trying to get in the Irish spirit and I saw this recipe on Skinnytaste.com and thought I should give it a try.  This soup sounds a little weird, but I already had all of the ingredients, and wasn't sure what to cook with leeks. 



First finely chop the leeks.


Saute them in a pan with some butter till soft.


Add chicken stock and milk, heat till boiling.




Add oatmeal and season with salt and pepper.


Cook on low for about 45 minutes.


Done!




It's actually pretty tasty!


I hope you are wearing green and find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment