Under the Willow

Monday, September 23, 2013

It's Fall

I have been getting some interest in the chicken coop so I have asked my husband to write a post with more information on how we built it.  So be on the look out, it's coming soon!

I have started to get ready for Halloween.  I have pulled out a few fall wreaths and other decor for around the house.  I have been gathering supplies for different costumes and different crafts.  Unfortunately I don't have much to show for it yet.  So far this is what I've started.

I am already decorating pumpkins.  This one will be my Queen of Halloween pumpkin.

Supplies

First I cut a piece of wire and left in the shape of a circle for the base of a crown.


Then I took some thinner wire and and made peaks with loops at the top to attach to the base circle.


Once I had all to the points made I cut short pieces of wire and bent them in the middle so that I could wrap it around the loops and curl the ends in making kind of a fleur de lis shape on each peak.





Then I took some fabric paint and placed a small dot in the center of the top of each peak.


Then I dipped that dot of paint in glitter.


Next I took the pumpkin and marked out a pattern of dots with a silver sharpie.


Then I covered those dots with dots of fabric paint.


Then I had to wait for the paint to dry.


Here is the crown on the pumpkin before I put the paint on.  I still need to make a banner to attach to the pumpkin that says Queen of Halloween.  And then I will decide if the pumpkin needs more embellishment.


Also the chickens get a pumpkin this year.  It is just a cute bird masquerade mask on a black pumpkin.  So much fun.


Happy Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment